myTrent Access


In order to access the following resources in the myTrent portal, you will need an active myTrent account.

Accounts remain active unless there is a 15-month period of inactivity. If you have used your account in the last 15 months and are having trouble logging in, it is recommended that you start by resetting your password. View instructions for resetting your password.

If you do not have access to your account, please request an account.   



Access myTrent Portal


You will need to apply to readmit to the university. You are able to do so at the following link by selecting the options that best suites your circumstances:


If you have any outstanding questions about the process that is not answered online, please contact the Office of the Registrar with your questions or concerns. The contact information for the Office of the Registrar can be found at:


Once you have been readmitted you can then register to take courses. You would register to take courses through your myTrent portal.

You can access your tax forms, including T2202a forms, as follows:


If you have access to myTrent, you can access your T2202a very easily.

  • Log into your MyTrent portal
  • Click the Finances Tab in the top, right corner
  • Click the Tax Forms icon
  • Login using your Trent username and password
  • Open each folder and print your eligible tax forms

Screenshot of tax icon in mytrent portal

Visit the Students Accounts Office online for full instructions, and contact information.

T4 Forms

During early spring, T4 forms will be available for student staff. They will be mailed to you no later than February 28th, 2021 as well as available under “Year End Information” on the “My Pay” tab of your VIP portal.

If you have additional questions about your student account and tax forms please email student accounts at

Transcripts and related services are managed through the Office of the Registrar. The Alumni Engagement & Services Department does not have access to academic records.


Unofficial Transcript

An unofficial transcript is available for viewing in the myTrent portal under Academics > Academic Record > Unofficial Transcript. The unofficial transcript can be printed or saved as a PDF and used for a variety of purposes. Your unofficial transcript may meet the requirements of many external organizations.


Official Transcript

A transcript is a formal copy of your student academic record. It records all courses successfully and unsuccessfully completed, and all courses that were withdrawn after the course drop deadline. All Trent University transcripts include a record of every term that you have attended and include both undergraduate and graduate studies, as applicable.

Official transcripts are issued automatically to each learner once official graduation from a post-secondary program has been confirmed. These should not be requested separately.

Graduates will only need to submit one transcript request through myTrent unless their Transcript has been updated since the last request.

Official Transcripts are issued through MyCreds™, a platform and website which enables secure issuing, exchange, and verification of official digital documents, badges, micro-credentials, and diplomas from across Canada and around the world. This service is provided by the Association of Registrars of the Universities and Colleges of Canada (ARUCC).

Please note, official transcripts will not be issued if there are outstanding financial obligations to Trent University.


Ordering Your Secure Official Electronic Transcript

    1. Log into your myTrent Account

  • Log in to your myTrent account, select the Transcript option, and submit your request.

  • 2. Wait to receive an email notification

  • Wait to receive an email notification from MyCreds™ when your Transcript is ready to be shared.

  • 3. Log in to MyCreds™

  • Log in to your secure account on the MyCreds™ Learner Portal with your Trent University username and password.

  • 4. Purchase share Credits

  • Purchase share credits from MyCreds™ to view your Transcript and authorize the release of your Transcript to your chosen destination.


What is the cost to have a Transcript issued?

The fee for each official Transcript share credit is $16, plus tax.

Payments will be required for each document share that they make with the recipient(s) of their choice, or when they download their document in PDF file format.

All purchases made within MyCreds™ will require your residential address and your billing address associated with your payment card to meet Canada Revenue Agency requirements. Your billing address postal code must match the postal code associated with your bank’s payment card, otherwise your payment will be rejected.

The MyCreds™ Learner portal accepts all common credit card brands as method of payment. Payment is made directly to MyCreds™ and is non-refundable. After purchase, you will see a purchase confirmation notice on the screen, and you will also receive an email confirmation. MyCreds™ is owned by the Association of Registrars of the Universities and Colleges of Canada (ARUCC); you will see MyCreds™ or ARUCC on communications and credit card statements.


When can graduates expect transcripts? :

Requests are processed daily. The link to access digital documents should be received within 2-3 business days.


For additional information about records and transcripts: