Alumni Events and General /Community Events
For a complete listing of Trent University Public Events - visit the public Calendar.
for a complete listing of trent university durham events - visit the durham events page.
Tuesday March 28, 2017 - Durham College, North Oshawa - Canada's Economic History Presentation by Stephen S. Poloz, Governor, Bank of Canada
- Who is invited?: Durham College invites current Trent students and alumni to this FREE presentation.
- Date and Time: Tuesday March 28, 2017 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Location: Durham College, Student Services Building, Room 116AB.
- Street Address: 2000 Simcoe St. N., Oshawa, ON, L1H 7K4
- Parking: Guests are asked to park in the Commencement Lot 1.
- Event Description: Presentation by Stephen S. Poloz. In celebration of Canada's 150th year, the Governor, Bank of Canada will speak with students and alumni about Canada's economic history. The Governor of the Bank of Canada is the Bank's Chief Executive Officer, and as such, has control and full authority over the buisness of the Bank. The Governor also presides over the Bank of Canada's Board of Directors. Read more about the Bank of Canada.
- Questions? Contact Kate Ingram, Trent Durham by email.
Saturday March 25, 2017 - Peterborough - 10 Years of Forensic Science Graduates Reunion Celebration
- Trent University's Forensic Science Department & Undergraduate Society invite you to help celebrate 10 Years of Forensic Science Graduates.
- Please join alumni, current students, faculty, and special guest for an enjoyable evening and an opportunity to reconnect with classmates.
- Location - Champlain College Great Hall
- Time - 6:00 pm cash bar and hors d'oeuvres
- Tickets - $20.00 in advance via cash, cheque or e-transfer.
- REGISTER IN ADVANCE - Please RSVP before March 1 to email@example.com
- Facebook Page - here
- Event Coordinators - Emilee Storfie and Kristine Boos
- Accommodations - Holiday Inn Peterborough discounted rate of $115 (costs incurred are responsibility of guest). Please use price code "Forensics Society 2017" when registering
- QUESTIONS - Please contact Karen McQuade Smith, Forensic Science Department (705) 748 - 1011 ext 7446 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday March 31, 2017 - Peterborough - Celebration of Community Research
- Date and Time: Friday March 31, 2017 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- FREE event open to the public.
- Location: Trent University Symons Campus, Great Hall, Champlain College. Accessibe entry is by the Bata Library, enter the doors by the Trent Bookstore.
- Event Description & Timeline:
- This event celebrates students’ community-based research at an event that gives them the opportunity to showcase their work and share it with the community. Students present posters that outline their projects’ methods and results, sharing their findings and recommendations with community members, Trent faculty, fellow students, and others interested in strengthening our community through original research.
- Keynote Speaker: 11:30 am "The Value of Community-Based Research" by Trent alum Brianna Salmon, Executive Director, Peterborough GreenUP
- Student Research Awards: 12:00 pm
Friday March 31- Saturday April 1, 2017 - Peterborough - 41st Annual Team Trend Hockey Reunion
- Reunion Activities: Includes Friday 7pm hockey, Kinsmen Civic Centre, Social with refreshments to follow at the Traill College pub, The Trend. Saturday 2pm hockey at Kinsmen Civic Centre, Banquet Saturday night at Trend Pub (cocktails 6pm, dinner 7pm).
- Accomodations: Available at the Holiday Inn Waterfront, Water Street, Peterborough. Ask for block booking for Team Trend Reunion. Special rates are available until March 1st, at which time the rooms will be released so book early to avoid disappointment! Call 1-866-258-5181 (8:30 am - 4:00 pm) or 705-743-1144 after 4 pm.
- Registration is Required - REGISTER NOW
- Reunion organizer - John Kennedy '85 - email@example.com.
Wednesday April 12, 2017 - Toronto - An Ideas That Change the World event, Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Trent University Alumni Association 6:30 - 9:00 pm
Please note that this is a special event for Trent University Alumni and other special guests
- Mark your calendars and plan to attend an Ideas That Change the World event in Toronto, in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Trent University Alumni Association. It will be hosted by, and at the home of Trent alumnus Stephen Stohn '66 and Linda Schuyler, Executive Producers of the famed Degrassi television series. This event will be hosted at their home, overlooking Lake Ontario. This evening will include presentations by Trent faculty and President Dr. Leo Groake, music by Will Bowes and Sly Fox (with special guest Trent Chancellor Dr. Don Tapscott '66). Refreshments will be provided. Plan to attend and connect with Trent alumni and faculty.
- Space is limited, pre-registration is necessary.
Monday May 15, 2017 - Toronto - Save the Date for a Trent Alumni event at Queen's Park, Toronto.
- Mark your calendars and plan to attend Trent Alumni at Queen's Park, on Monday May 15, 2017. Alumni will be welcomed to this event by Trent President Dr. Leo Groake and proud Trent alumnus, the Honourable Jeff Leal M.P.P.
- Reception with refreshments included. Pre-registration is required.
- Evites are being sent to our alumni who are federal and provincial employees at the beginning of April. If space permits, this event will be then opened to all alumni and the link to register will be posted here.
July 2017 - New York Alumni Mixer - New York City, NY
- Watch for further details to be posted here about the July 2017 New York City Alumni Mixer
- Date and details to be posted here once firmed up.
Summer 2017 (dates to be announced) - Ottawa and Toronto - Trent Men's Rugby Booster Club Social Events
- Two summer social events are in the planning stages for the Trent Men's Rugby Booster Club.These events will be held in Ottawa and Toronto - event dates and details are currently being finalized. are you interested in joining the Trent University Men's Rugby Booster Club? It is a great opportunity to connect with your former team mates and do some great support work for the current varsity mens team.
- For more information - contact the Rugby Booster Club President, Caleb Smith '93 by email or by phone at 905-357-9233.
Friday September 29 - Sunday October 1, 2017 Peterborough - Trent Homecoming Reunion & Head of the Trent Regatta
- Save the date, call your friends and plan to return to Peterborough for 2017 Homecoming and Head of the Trent!
- Every year Homecoming grows - don't miss out on the chance to take in the rowing, a full slate of Varsity Excalibur home games in the Justin Chiu Stadium, pick up some Trent University swag or your College specific merchandise, spend time in the rowers beer garden to pick up your collector Head of the Trent stein, catch up with friends at the alumni Ceilie party (featuring live music!), enter to win one of many alumni draw prizes or arrive early at the alumni welcome tent to pick up one of the special Homecoming souvenirs (for the first 200 visitors), bring your kids for face painting & goody bags and so much more!
Saturday, May 5, 2018 Trent Alumni inaugural Alumni Day of Service
- Planning is underway for the inaugural Trent Alumni Day of Service
- A committee has been formed and getting organized for the inugural Trent Alumni Day of Service. We will be rolling out alumni volunteerism in 4 communities the first year - Peterborough, Oshawa-Durham, Vancouver and Malyasia.
- Watch for more details coming to this webpage as plans evolve.
- For more information - contact the Day of Service Committee Chair, Jess Grover (Trent University Alumni Association President) by email.